THE ANTARCTIQUE COLLECTION
"The message from our friends and shareholders was clear: To make a watch that exudes a feeling of preciousness, but could also be worn and admired in everyday life."
The Antarctique is the next chapter in the history of Czapek & Cie. It combines sophisticated style and look with a genuine in-house power movement. The name was inspired by the trip to Antartica of one of the company historical shareholders and raises a host of associations, from intrepid explorers to the sheer breath-taking beauty of Nature. The Sixth Continent is also a symbol of the need for humans to preserve the planet and represents Czapek’s commitment to doing its part, using recycled gold but also safeguarding many Swiss watchmaking artisans.
The Terre Adélie is a tribute to the French explorer Jules Dumont d’Urville who named a slice of Antarctica after his wife, Adèle, during his daring expedition to the continent in 1840.
This is why the Antarctique collection is equipped by an ergonomic brushed integrated bracelet, whose links mesh to form a highly polished "C" for Czapek. But there’s more. An additional strap is provided, as Czapek has developed an exclusive quick-change system allowing the wearer to switch from one strap to another in a minute. The soft and elegant calf bracelet as well as the sportier-looking rubber strap whose pattern recalls the "Stairway to Eternity" design on the Passage de Drake dial are two complementary strap options that will undoubtedly meet all watch connoisseurs’ expectations.
- Hours, Minutes & Seconds
- Date at 6 o'clock
- Calibre SXH5: Czapek's in house self-winding mechanical movement
- Diameter: 30 mm – 13 lines ¼
- Height: 4.2 mm
- Number of parts: 193
- Jewels: 28
- Swiss lever escapement, variable-inertia balance fitted with four gold inertia-blocks
- Frequency: 4 Hz – 28800 VpH
- Power winding system: Micro rotor with an 18K recycled gold mass
- Power-reserve > 56 hours on one single barrel
- Barrel torque: 8.8 Nmm
- Finish: Open ratchets, sandblasted black bridges, bevelling, straight-grained sides, six hand-chamfered inward angles
- Luminescent, steel "Sword" hands
- Stainless steel case
- 40.5 mm diameter
- Height: 10.6 mm
- Sapphire crystal glass-box with anti-reflective treatment
- Sapphire crystal case-back with anti-reflective treatment
- Water-resistance: 120 meters (12 atm)
- Screwed-down crown
- Integrated stainless steel bracelet with Czapek exclusive "Easy Release" system
- Additional calf leather or rubber strap
- Hand brushed "Lamé" dial
- Luminescent, rhodium plated steel hour makers
- Limited edition of 99 pieces maximum
- Conception: Daniel Martinez, Adrian Buchmann, Emmanuel Bouchet, Patrick Rossi & Xavier de Roquemaurel
- Components and movement manufacturing: AB Product, Arcofil, Atokalpa, Ceramaret, Chronode, CMT-Rickenbach, Comblemine, Crelier, Generale Ressort, Inca, Inodeco, MLV, MPS, Novasort, Precipro, Risa, Stocco and as well a few standard components.
- Habillage: AB Product, Capsa, Econorm, Gravages, HMS Waeber, Jean Rousseau, Metalem, Wolf.
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF THE ADVENTURE
Our Antarctique Terre Adélie subscription is now sold out and we are extremely grateful to all the ‘rare people’ that made this happen, including our manufacturing, media, distribution partners, shareholders, and most importantly the 99 lucky future owners who will have the timepiece on their wrists!
Some of you might not have managed to place an order of the Terre Adélie model in time. In this case, please do not despair. While we WILL NOT produce any more Terre Adélie, the Antarctique collection will remain as one of the pillars in our offer. We will unveil a new model in the Antarctique family, called ‘Passage de Drake’, next December. Passage de Drake will share movement, case design, bracelet with Terre Adélie, but will have a completely different dial. This launch will be anticipated by a very limited edition model with a hand-varnished dial, the Abyss.
Should you wish to keep in touch and be informed on our next launches don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.