PASSAGE DE DRAKE
The 26th of May, Czapek released the Antarctique Terre Adélie, the very first model of the Antarctique collection, a new range of watches that exudes a feeling of preciousness, but could also be worn and admired in everyday life. Today, Czapek & Cie is proud to present its new version: The Passage de Drake. Named after the English explorer Sir Francis Drake, the Drake Passage connects the Atlantic and Pacific oceans between Cape Horn (the southernmost point of South American) and the South Shetland Islands of the Antarctic. The stormy seas and icy conditions make it one of the most challenging places to navigate and sailors say to prepare yourself for an experience somewhere between bad and terrifying!
The creation of these timepieces has not only been a technical adventure but a human one. Czapek & Cie considers its suppliers to be partners and refers to them as such. The brand is also truly appreciative of its 200+ shareholders, without whom the adventure would never have even started. And last but not least, it is grateful for all the watch connoisseurs who have chosen to purchase a Czapek & Cie timepiece, selecting something different from the mainstream. When it comes to collecting, Czapek collects rare people who have become part of the journey, every step of the way.
The new Antarctique Passage de Drake collection takes the sport-chic case design of the Antarctique Terre Adélie line and pairs it with an atypical trapezoid dial motif whose three-dimensional stamped surface creates a play of shadows across the dial. “This unique dial design is called the ‘Stairway to Eternity’ and was actually our initial concept dial for the Antarctique, as we were looking for a signature dial design that would be very different from anything else, but it was such a lengthy process to perfect that we launched with another dial, based on a forgotten workmanship technique, the combed ‘lamé’ dials,” shares Czapek & Cie. CEO Xavier de Roquemaurel. “We finally discovered the perfect motif when our designer accidentally enlarged the trapezoids by 50% without realizing it, and it looked amazing. That’s the beauty of mistakes!” All Czapek designs are officially registered, demonstrating the company’s directional approach.
A large choice of straps is now offered to provide a maximum versatility and playful experience. 4 rubber straps whose pattern recalls the "Stairway to Eternity" design on the Passage de Drake dial are available in either black, white, dark blue or dark grey. On top of that, a selection of soft calf straps with contrasting topstitches can be chosen. You can discover them all in this section gallery but also enjoy a nice preselection on the 3D rendering in the “Models” section right below.
- Hours, Minutes & Seconds
- Date at 6 o'clock
- Calibre SXH5: Czapek's in house self-winding mechanical movement
- Diameter: 30 mm – 13 lines ¼
- Height: 4.2 mm
- Number of parts: 193
- Jewels: 28
- Swiss lever escapement, variable-inertia balance fitted with four gold inertia-blocks
- Frequency: 4 Hz – 28800 VpH
- Power winding system: Micro rotor with an 100% recycled platinum mass
- Power-reserve > 56 hours on one single barrel
- Barrel torque: 8.8 Nmm
- Finish: Open ratchets, sandblasted black bridges, bevelling, straight-grained sides, six hand-chamfered inward angles
- Luminescent, steel "Sword" hands
- Stainless steel case
- 40.5 mm diameter
- Height: 10.6 mm
- Sapphire crystal glass-box with anti-reflective treatment ARDur©
- Sapphire crystal case-back with anti-reflective treatment
- Water-resistance: 120 meters (12 atm)
- Screwed-down crown
- Integrated stainless steel bracelet with Czapek exclusive "Easy Release" system
- Additional calf leather or rubber strap
- Stamped “flinqué” dial with the exclusive, officially registered “Stairway to Eternity” pattern
- Available in Ice White, Deep Blue, Black Ink and Roaring Forties grey (limited to 40 pieces) Luminescent, steel "Sword" hands
- Luminescent, rhodium plated steel hour makers
- The Roaring Forties grey dial is limited to 40 pieces only
- Conception: Daniel Martinez, Adrian Buchmann, Emmanuel Bouchet, Patrick Rossi & Xavier de Roquemaurel
- Components and movement manufacturing: AB Product, Arcofil, Atokalpa, Ceramaret, Chronode, CMT-Rickenbach, Comblemine, Crelier, Generale Ressort, Inca, Inodeco, Inhotec, MLV, MPS, Novasort, Precipro, Risa, Stocco and as well a few standard components.
- Habillage: AB Product, Capsa, Econorm, Gravages, HMS Waeber, Jean Rousseau, Metalem
TERMS & CONDITIONS AND PRICES
In this section you will find all the useful information about pre ordering your Antarctique Passage de Drake. This model comes with four different dial colours: Ice White, Deep Blue, Black Ink and the limited edition “Roaring Forties” grey. Only 40 pieces are available via this 40-days-long online subscription.
ROARING FORTIES (GREY DIAL) SUBSCRIPTION IS NOW CLOSED, ALL THE PIECES ARE SOLD OUT.
Price & Pre-order:
All Passage de Drake models are priced 18’000.- CHF excluding VAT. It does include international shipment with a secured carrier.
We kindly ask you to proceed to a down payment of 1000.- to confirm your order. In case of cancellation, 50.- CHF will be deducted from your refund. To ensure your absolute satisfaction with your Czapek watch, you will be able to modify your order with our concierge before your watch is entirely produced. 10 business days before we will start the manufacturing of your watch, we will send you your invoice and ask you to proceed with the final payment. The deposit will be deducted from this invoice.
If you have questions about our terms and conditions simply click on the dedicated button below or send us directly an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customization, Manufacturing date & Delivery:
Czapek & Cie offers you a few options to customize your watch. Of course, you will be able to choose your additional strap but also the central second style (plain, with a red tip or fully red) and a personal engraving on the back ring of your watch. All watches come with a box where you will find your second strap with its folding buckle, a screwdriver, two extra links to adjust your metal bracelet and the special tool to easily add or remove them.
As you may know, it takes time to make beautiful watches. So currently our assembly capacity is only one timepiece a day for the Antarctique collection… So we decided to let our customer choose their manufacturing date. What does it mean? It means that you can now book the exact day we will assemble and encase your watch and that you can expect to be shipped approximatively 3 weeks after! Isn’t it great? But be aware that this is limited to only one day per person! You will find a calendar to book your manufacturing date in the pre-order section.
If you have any questions regarding this subscription or the models available, don’t hesitate to contact us or one of our agents using the form below. Simply choose your country or area and send your message. They will come back to you quickly to assist you.