Quai des Bergues
(International price excl. VAT)
Blue Handmade bombé Guilloché "Eaux-Vives" dial
Skeletonized, rhodium plated steel hands
Limited Edition of 10 pieces
- Hours, Minutes & Seconds
- Small second at 7h30
- Power reserve indication with weekdays at 4h30
- Calibre SXH1: Haute Horlogerie proprietary mechanical hand-wound movement
- Power-reserve > 168 hours (7 days) on 2 barrel-springs
- Frequency: 3 Hz – 21,600 VpH
- Diameter: 32 mm – 14 lines ¼
- Height: 4.75 mm
- Number of components: 160
- Number of jewels: 31
- Finish: Partially open worked bridges on gear train, double open ratchets, sandblasted bridges and main plate, heat-blued screws, bevelling, final hand-chamfering, circular graining and snailing on wheels
- Skeletonized, rhodium plated steel hands
- Exclusive XO stainless steel “Revolution” case
- 42.5 mm diameter
- Curved Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on the inside surface
- Sapphire crystal case back with anti-reflective treatment on the inside surface
- Water-resistance: 50 meters (5 atm)
- Matt Blue Steel Alligator strap with XO Steel pin buckle
- Blue Handmade bombé Guilloché "Eaux-Vives" dial
- Czapek exclusive design
- Czapek typical elongated indexes
- Limited Edition of 10 pieces
Return to the top
Quai des Bergues
The first collection of timekeepers to herald the renaissance of Czapek & Cie is called ‘Quai des Bergues’. It is a tribute to the location where François Czapek founded the company in Geneva in 1845.
The ‘Quai des Bergues’ collection features 2 distinct cases in 5 different materials:
- A classic case recalling the generous round shape of pocket watches, in white, rose gold or platinum
A modern and innovative ‘Revolution’ case with a sandblasted and polished finish, in titanium or in a mysterious ‘XO’ steel.
The SXH1 caliber is a proprietary movement designed by Czapek. It is the first in a family of movements developed specifically for Czapek watches, according to the strictest rules of the watchmaking art. It was conceived in cooperation with Jean-François Mojon, a designer watchmaker who heads the Le Locle based company Chronode.
This haute horlogerie mechanical calibre boasts 31 jewels. It is finely decorated and remains aesthetically and functionally true to the 1850 original. The architecture remains symmetrical, and the sandblasted finish is a modern interpretation of the ‘satiné frost’ technique used in the 19th Century – a process of gold plating using mercury evaporation.
This manually-wound movement has two barrel springs and runs at a rate of 21,600 vibrations per hour, which translates to 3 Hertz. It features a power reserve of seven days. The manual beveling finish and the sandblasted bridges create a beautiful and modern look, inspired from the past. The most striking elements remain the open ratchets, with teeth polished in ‘bevel’ and unique to Czapek SXH1. They become its mechanical signature.
Our cases were designed to be like a pocket watch perfectly fitting on a wrist. The generous and smooth round shape of the case, and the beauty of its curves, are an expression of the purity of the brand. It exists in 5 different materials: from 5N Rose Gold and White Gold to Platinum but also in Titanium and Steel. These last ones all wear the ‘Revolution’ case with their distinctive stretchers on the flanks.
The Czapek “Grand Feu” enamel dial is one of the most difficult technique of the art of watches decorating which offers as well the highest durability. The master artisan of our Manufacturing Partner Donze Cadrans in Le Locle, does not paint the motif directly on the watch but applies more oxides on the dial in gold. Then, the enameler moves the dial into fire (800-900° C) several times to allow motif and colors appear gradually. The “Grand Feu” enamel sets unalterable and refined decoration… including a secret signature in the case of Czapek.
On the other side, the Czapek exclusive « Ricochet » Guilloché pattern is inspired by a historical design created by François Czapek in the 1850s. Its unicity is due to possessing two focal points, corresponding to the two characteristics Czapek subdials and creating a fascinating “wave interference” movement in the dial.
Using exceptional leathers, all our straps are handcrafted with peerless dexterity of master leather craftsmen and are the fruit of approximately fifty fundamental, yet intricate steps.
Each strap consists of two parts: the Tip part (the longer part with holes to adjust your strap) & the Element part (the part with the buckle at the end). Czapek offers you 4 options to choose from:
– 105/65mm (Man S)
– 115/75mm (Man M)
– 125/85mm (Man L)
– 130/90mm (Man XL)