Faubourg de Cracovie
Show price CHF 24’000
Blue Handcrafted Guilloché "Résonance" dial with salmon subdials
Rodhium plated steel hands
Certified Chronometer (COSC)
Limited Edition of 18 pieces engraved:
"1 out of 18"
Faubourg de Cracovie
The Faubourg de Cracovie chronograph is the company’s third collection and was named after the location of Czapek third boutique, which he opened in 1850 in Warsaw, Poland. The calibre inside is also Czapek’s third, following the seven-day manually-wound movement in the Quai des Bergues and the suspended tourbillon with GMT in the Place Vendôme, both famous locations of the late François Czapek. The Faubourg de Cracovie represents another major milestone in the company’s modern history… for the pleasure of watch lovers and collectors world-wide.
Czapek’s first chronograph is driven by a bespoke automatic movement, the SXH3. It delivers 65h power reserve from a single barrel that drives the balance wheel at 36,000 vph and is COSC certified. The movement makes use of some of the most advanced and effective mechanical elements, like the linear hammer, which reduces wear and tear on parts and resets all the associated dials in one easy movement. A modern solution, the vertical clutch, ensures a perfect start for the chronograph hand. Finally, the diamond-blasted anthracite bridges give the final aesthetic twist to the movement visible through the transparent case back.
The Faubourg de Cracovie comes in a slightly modified 41.5-millimeter Quai des Bergues Revolution case in sober steel. The famous crown protectors are still in place and now serve, ingeniously, as pushers. “Take the romantic nobility of our first watches and add a chronograph to give it some athletic pizzazz,” says Czapek & Cie CEO Xavier de Roquemaurel. “That’s our latest model, and it’s unmistakably Czapek, traditional but with a modern flair.”
The brilliant grand-feu white enamel dial is perhaps the most unexpected in a modern chronograph. It provides a contrasting backdrop for the various functions displayed and the watch’s delicately skeletonized hands. The two welded subdials have been enlarged to the maximum technically possible for greater visual balance. The dial shape is “bombé”, another technical prowess of Donzé Cadrans and at the same time the illustration of Czapek & Cie spirit. Finally, the brand’s “secret signature” adorns once again the enamel.
Czapek reintroduces the fascinating handmade guilloché of the Quai des Bergues collection with a new design named “Résonance”. Intersecting circular lines form a pattern of bas-relief squares that make the dial come alive. This traditional technique was made possible by the rose engine lathe, which was devised in the late Eighteenth century and became a key machine in fine dial-making. The guilloché design goes back to François Czapek himself.
- Chronograph, Hours, Minutes & Seconds
- Chronograph's Minutes at 3 o'clock
- Chronograph's Hours at 9 o'clock
- Small seconds at 6 o'clock
- Date at 6 o'clock
- Caliber SXH3: Haute Horlogerie integrated automatic Chronograph movement with a bespoke execution
- Power reserve: 65 hours
- Frequency: 5 Hz - 36'000 VpH
- Column Wheel, Vertical Clutch and Linear Hammer
- Golden Rotor with Czapek logo
- Diameter: 30mm - 13 lines 1/4
- Height: 6.95mm
- Finish: finely sandblasted and diamond polished anthracite bridges, snailed trottoirs
- Certified Chronometer (COSC)
- 41.5mm Stainless Steel Case
- Sapphire crystal Glass-Box with anti-reflective treatment
- Sapphire case back with Anti-reflective treatment on the inner side.
- Water Resistance: 50m
- Alligator Strap with a steel deploying buckle
- Handcrafted Guilloché "Résonance" bombé dial in AuPtPdAg
- Baton applied indexes with Super Luminova treatment
- 12 in Arabic numerals with Super Luminova treatment
- Czapek Modern Rodhium plated steel hands, Arrow with Superluminova treatment
- Small second hand with red tip
Return to the top