Show price CHF 11’500
Bombé soleillé dial
Blued Steel hands
Last numbers available : 141/188 & 164/188
The first collection of timekeepers to herald the renaissance of Czapek & Cie is called ‘Quai des Bergues’. It is a tribute to the location where François Czapek founded the company in Geneva in 1845. At the time, this Promenade along the Rhone river was the epicenter of the Genevan ‘art de vivre’, like the Place Vendôme in Paris, where François Czapek opened what was probably the first watchmaker’s boutique on this legendary square.
The ‘Quai des Bergues’ collection features 2 distinct cases in 4 different materials:
- A classic case recalling the generous round shape of pocket watches, in white or rose gold.
A modern and innovative ‘Revolution’ case with a sandblasted and polished finish, in titanium or in a mysterious ‘XO’ steel.
'XO' STAINLESS STEEL CASE
The four steel models are made in a unique material, the XO steel. It is one of the most anti-corrosive steels ever made. Its mechanical features have been reworked by Montanstahl in Stabio, Switzerland, to make it easier to work with for watchmakers. The steel models all possess the ‘Revolution’ case with its distinctive design.
The Czapek exclusive « Ricochet » Guilloché pattern is inspired by a historical design created by François Czapek in the 1850s. Its unicity is due to possessing two focal points, corresponding to the two characteristics Czapek subdials and creating a fascinating “wave interference” movement in the dial.
Using exceptional leathers, all our straps are handcrafted with peerless dexterity of master leather craftsmen and are the fruit of approximately fifty fundamental, yet intricate steps.
Each strap consists of two parts: the Tip part (the longer part with holes to adjust your strap) & the Element part (the part with the buckle at the end). Czapek offers you 4 options to choose from:
– 105/65mm (Man S)
– 115/75mm (Man M)
– 125/85mm (Man L)
– 130/90mm (Man XL)
The SXH1 caliber is a proprietary movement designed by Czapek. It is the first in a family of movements developed specifically for Czapek watches, according to the strictest rules of the watchmaking art. It was conceived in cooperation with Jean-François Mojon, a designer watchmaker who heads the Le Locle based company Chronode.
This haute horlogerie mechanical calibre boasts 31 jewels. It is finely decorated and remains aesthetically and functionally true to the 1850 original. The architecture remains symmetrical, and the sandblasted finish is a modern interpretation of the ‘satiné frost’ technique used in the 19th Century – a process of gold plating using mercury evaporation.
This manually-wound movement has two barrel springs and runs at a rate of 21,600 vibrations per hour, which translates to 3 Hertz. It features a power reserve of seven days. The manual beveling finish and the sandblasted bridges create a beautiful and modern look, inspired from the past. The most striking elements remain the open ratchets, with teeth polished in ‘bevel’ and unique to Czapek SXH1. They become its mechanical signature.
- Hours, Minutes & Seconds
- Small second at 7h30
- Power reserve indication with weekdays at 4h30
- Calibre SXH1: Haute Horlogerie proprietary mechanical hand-wound movement
- Power-reserve > 168 hours (7 days) on 2 barrel-springs
- Frequency: 3 Hz – 21,600 VpH
- Diameter: 32 mm – 14 lines ¼
- Height: 4.75 mm
- Finish: double open ratchets, sandblasted bridges, blue screws, bevelling, final anglage main
- Blued Steel hands
- Exclusive « XO » anti-corrosion steel “Revolution” case
- Exclusive case concept with the crown-protections integrated into the stretcher
- 42.5 mm of external diameter
- 36.40 mm open diameter
- Curved Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on the inside surface
- Sapphire crystal case back with anti-reflective treatment on the inside surface
- Water-resistance: 50 meters (5 atm)
- Alligator strap with “XO” Steel buckle
- Bombé soleillé dial
- Night blue Roman numerals
Return to the top