Passage de Drake
(International price excl. VAT)
60H power reserve, self-winding Haute Horlogerie calibre SXH5
40.5 mm. stainless steel case, water resistant at up 120 meters (12 ATM)
Integrated metal bracelet
Due the very high demand we currently cannot ensure any delivery before April 15th. 2022
- Hours, Minutes & Seconds
- Date at 6 o'clock
- Calibre SXH5: Czapek's in house self-winding mechanical movement
- Diameter: 30 mm – 13 lines ¼
- Height: 4.2 mm
- Number of parts: 193
- Jewels: 28
- Swiss lever escapement, variable-inertia balance fitted with four gold inertia-blocks
- Frequency: 4 Hz – 28800 VpH
- Power winding system: Micro rotor with a 100% recycled platinum 950 mass
- Power-reserve > 60 hours on one single barrel
- Barrel torque: 8.8 Nmm
- Finish: Open ratchets, sandblasted black bridges, bevelling, straight-grained sides, six hand-chamfered inward angles
- Luminescent, steel "Sword" hands
- Stainless steel case
- 40.5 mm diameter
- Height: 10.6 mm
- Sapphire crystal glass-box with anti-reflective treatment ARDur©
- Sapphire crystal case-back with anti-reflective treatment
- Water-resistance: 120 meters (12 atm)
- Screwed-down crown
- Integrated stainless steel bracelet with Czapek exclusive "Easy Release" system
- Additional calf leather or rubber strap
- Stamped “flinqué” dial with the exclusive, officially registered “Stairway to Eternity” pattern
- Luminescent, rhodium plated steel hour makers
- Conception: Daniel Martinez, Adrian Buchmann, Emmanuel Bouchet, Patrick Rossi & Xavier de Roquemaurel
- Components and movement manufacturing: AB Product, Arcofil, Atokalpa, Ceramaret, Chronode, CMT-Rickenbach, Comblemine, Crelier, Generale Ressort, Inca, Inodeco, Inhotec, MLV, MPS, Novasort, Precipro, Risa, Stocco and as well a few standard components.
- Habillage: AB Product, Capsa, Econorm, Gravages, HMS Waeber, Jean Rousseau, Metalem
Return to the top
The Antarctique combines sophisticated style and look with a genuine in-house power movement bound to stake a major claim in the popular sport-chic segment.
The Antarctique is a 40.5 millimeter three-hander, thin enough to slip comfortably under a cuff, and with a carefully-honed, edgy look . The transparent case back reveals the model’s beating heart, the vigorous, 30-millimeter SXH5.01 automatic calibre, conceived internally by a multifaceted team. Special attention was given to both performance and appearance, so the movement’s parts are arranged for visual harmony and transparency.
“This watch, whatever the colour, is a thrill for both the newcomer and the horological expert,” says Czapek’s CEO Xavier de Roquemaurel. “The neophyte will instinctively fall in love with the dial and the remarkable movement inside, while the expert can use the watch almost as an exhibition piece to explain how a movement works and what makes haute horologerie so unique.”
The 30mm. SXH5.01 automatic calibre powering the Antartique Collection has been conceived internally by a multifaceted team. Special attention was given to both performance and appearance, so the movement’s parts are arranged for visual harmony and transparency. At the root is a free-sprung balance wheel with variable inertia provided by four gold masselotte weights, which enables the highest level of precision tuning for a mechanical watch. The powerful microrotor is made of fully recycled Platinum 950. It was placed off-centre to allow a plunging view into the mechanism. The SXH5.01 runs at a fast 28,800 vph. The single barrel harbours a flat spring wound via the traditional Czapek ratchet wheel with five arms. The timepiece has a power reserve of over 60 hours, a truly remarkable feat for a microrotor.
The new Antarctique Passage de Drake collection takes the sport-chic case design of the Antarctique Terre Adélie line and pairs it with an atypical trapezoid dial motif whose three-dimensional stamped surface creates a play of shadows across the dial. “This unique dial design is called the ‘Stairway to Eternity’ and was actually our initial concept dial for the Antarctique, as we were looking for a signature dial design that would be very different from anything else, but it was such a lengthy process to perfect that we launched with another dial, based on a forgotten workmanship technique, the combed ‘lamé’ dials,” shares Czapek & Cie. CEO Xavier de Roquemaurel. “We finally discovered the perfect motif when our designer accidentally enlarged the trapezoids by 50% without realizing it, and it looked amazing. That’s the beauty of mistakes!” All Czapek designs are officially registered, demonstrating the company’s directional approach.
CASE & STRAPS
The Antarctique is featuring a carefully-honed, edgy looked 41-millimeter integrated case with double “trompe l’oeil” curves and thin enough to slip comfortably under a cuff. The transparent case back reveals its beating heart, the new automatic SHX5.01 calibre. Its water-resistance to 120 metres makes it a natural for the sportive types who would like to keep their watch on while swimming. A sporty stainless-steel bracelet whose links mesh to form a modern “C. is organically completing the case. Leather or rubber strap are also proposed in options.