Terre AdélieTerre Adélie
(International price excl. VAT)
60H power reserve, self-winding Haute Horlogerie calibre SXH5
40.5 mm. stainless steel case, water resistant at up 120 meters (12 ATM)
Integrated metal bracelet
- Hours, Minutes & Seconds
- Date at 6 o'clock
- Calibre SXH5: Czapek's in house self-winding mechanical movement
- Diameter: 30 mm – 13 lines ¼
- Height: 4.2 mm
- Number of parts: 193
- Jewels: 28
- Swiss lever escapement, variable-inertia balance fitted with four gold inertia-blocks
- Frequency: 4 Hz – 28800 VpH
- Power winding system: Micro rotor with a 100% recycled platinum 950 mass
- Power-reserve > 60 hours on one single barrel
- Barrel torque: 8.8 Nmm
- Finish: Open ratchets, sandblasted black bridges, bevelling, straight-grained sides, six hand-chamfered inward angles
- Luminescent, steel "Sword" hands
- Stainless steel case
- 40.5 mm diameter
- Height: 10.6 mm
- Sapphire crystal glass-box with anti-reflective treatment ARDur©
- Sapphire crystal case-back with anti-reflective treatment
- Water-resistance: 120 meters (12 atm)
- Screwed-down crown
- Integrated stainless steel bracelet with Czapek exclusive "Easy Release" system
- Additional calf leather or rubber strap
- Hand brushed "Lamé" dial
- Luminescent, rhodium plated steel hour makers
- Limited edition of 99 pieces maximum
- Conception: Daniel Martinez, Adrian Buchmann, Emmanuel Bouchet, Patrick Rossi & Xavier de Roquemaurel
- Components and movement manufacturing: AB Product, Arcofil, Atokalpa, Ceramaret, Chronode, CMT-Rickenbach, Comblemine, Crelier, Generale Ressort, Inca, Inodeco, Inhotec, MLV, MPS, Novasort, Precipro, Risa, Stocco and as well a few standard components.
- Habillage: AB Product, Capsa, Econorm, Gravages, HMS Waeber, Jean Rousseau, Metalem
Return to the top
The Antarctique combines sophisticated style and look with a genuine in-house power movement bound to stake a major claim in the popular sport-chic segment.
The Antarctique is a 40.5 millimeters or 38.5 millimeters three-hander, thin enough to slip comfortably under a cuff, and with a carefully-honed, edgy look . The transparent case back reveals the model’s beating heart, the vigorous, 30-millimeter SXH5.01 automatic calibre, conceived internally by a multifaceted team. Special attention was given to both performance and appearance, so the movement’s parts are arranged for visual harmony and transparency.
“This watch, whatever the colour, is a thrill for both the newcomer and the horological expert,” says Czapek’s CEO Xavier de Roquemaurel. “The neophyte will instinctively fall in love with the dial and the remarkable movement inside, while the expert can use the watch almost as an exhibition piece to explain how a movement works and what makes haute horologerie so unique.”
The 30mm. SXH5.01 automatic calibre powering the Antartique Collection has been conceived internally by a multifaceted team. Special attention was given to both performance and appearance, so the movement’s parts are arranged for visual harmony and transparency. At the root is a free-sprung balance wheel with variable inertia provided by four gold masselotte weights, which enables the highest level of precision tuning for a mechanical watch. The powerful microrotor is made of fully recycled Platinum 950. It was placed off-centre to allow a plunging view into the mechanism. The SXH5.01 runs at a fast 28,800 vph. The single barrel harbours a flat spring wound via the traditional Czapek ratchet wheel with five arms. The timepiece has a power reserve of over 60 hours, a truly remarkable feat for a microrotor.
The most visible part of any watch is the dial. The Antarctique’s dial was designed and manufactured by Metalem, a Czapek & Cie cooperation partner, using a unique lamé technique. The characteristic striations on the dial give the colours more depth and starker reflections.
CASE & STRAPS
The Antarctique is featuring a carefully-honed, edgy looked 41-millimeter integrated case with double “trompe l’oeil” curves and thin enough to slip comfortably under a cuff. The transparent case back reveals its beating heart, the new automatic SHX5.01 calibre. Its water-resistance to 120 metres makes it a natural for the sportive types who would like to keep their watch on while swimming. A sporty stainless-steel bracelet whose links mesh to form a modern “C. is organically completing the case. Leather or rubber strap are also proposed in options.