Quai des Bergues
Warszawianka – Gold
Show price CHF 30’800
White enamel "Grand feu" dial
Miniature Painting "Warszawianka"
"Fleur de lys" hands in 5N "BlackGold"
Limited edition of 5 pieces
Quai des Bergues
Czapek’s Special Editions pay tribute to the origins of the its Founder, Francois Czapek. to his adventures, his journey through time and Countries as well as to important moments of the History. Available only on order in a very limited production, they are collectors’ pieces, remarkable in the excellence of the “métiers d’art” that are used to craft them by hand.
History is the protagonist of Czapek’s first special editions. The coat of arms of the Czech Republic and of Poland, revisited by the famous French illustrator Jacques Terpant, adorn the dials of the timepieces that pay tribute to the jubilee year of the independence of both Countries, where Franciszek Czapek was born and raised. The dial of the Warszawianka model features the coat of arms of the Kingdom of Poland from the era of the November Uprising, a reference to the heroic military episode in Czapek’s life, who participated in the battle in Warsaw.
Each of the special edition timepieces is characterized by the use of a ‘Métier d’Art’, the micro-painting, on its dial. Various symbols, coat of arms and emblems chosen for their meaningful history are reproduced by hand using a technique mastered by few craftsmen in the world. The artisans partners of Czapek are based in Le Locle, Switzerland. This micro-painting technique utilizes brushes made of only one hair, to be able to perfectly replicate the finest details on the dial.
The SXH1 caliber is a proprietary movement designed by Czapek. It is the first in a family of movements developed specifically for Czapek watches, according to the strictest rules of the watchmaking art. It was conceived in cooperation with Jean-François Mojon, a designer watchmaker who heads the Le Locle based company Chronode.
This haute horlogerie mechanical calibre boasts 31 jewels. It is finely decorated and remains aesthetically and functionally true to the 1850 original. The architecture remains symmetrical, and the sandblasted finish is a modern interpretation of the ‘satiné frost’ technique used in the 19th Century – a process of gold plating using mercury evaporation.
This manually-wound movement has two barrel springs and runs at a rate of 21,600 vibrations per hour, which translates to 3 Hertz. It features a power reserve of seven days. The manual beveling finish and the sandblasted bridges create a beautiful and modern look, inspired from the past. The most striking elements remain the open ratchets, with teeth polished in ‘bevel’ and unique to Czapek SXH1. They become its mechanical signature.
Using exceptional leathers, all our straps are handcrafted with peerless dexterity of master leather craftsmen and are the fruit of approximately fifty fundamental, yet intricate steps.
Each strap consists of two parts: the Tip part (the longer part with holes to adjust your strap) & the Element part (the part with the buckle at the end). Czapek offers you 4 options to choose from:
– 105/65mm (Man S)
– 115/75mm (Man M)
– 125/85mm (Man L)
– 130/90mm (Man XL)
- Hours, Minutes & Seconds
- Small second at 7h30
- Power reserve indication with weekdays at 4h30
- Calibre SXH1: Haute Horlogerie proprietary mechanical hand-wound movement
- Power-reserve > 168 hours (7 days) on 2 barrel-springs
- Frequency: 3 Hz – 21,600 VpH
- Diameter: 32 mm – 14 lines ¼
- Height: 4.75 mm
- Finish: double open ratchets, sandblasted bridges, blue screws, bevelling, final anglage main
- “Fleur de Lys” hands in 5N “BlackGold”
- 5N Red Gold case with Amber stone crown set
- 42.5 mm diameter
- Curved Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on the inside surface
- Sapphire crystal case back with anti-reflective treatment on the inside surface
- Water-resistance: 30 meters (3 atm)
- Alligator strap with 5N Rose Gold buckle
- "Grand feu" Enamel dial
- The coat of arms of the Kingdom of Poland from the era of the November Uprising
- The “6” number is red, to underline the hour at which the November Uprising started
- Elongated roman numerals, symbol of the Czapek elegance
Return to the top